Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'M THINKING.....


*Pat Robertson seems to have totally lost it. The Haitians are enduring a horrific tragedy because they "got together and swore a pact with the devil?" Really? What a stupid thing to say. It's hard to believe that Robertson is a Yale Law School graduate. I don't think that any U of L law grad would ever make such an idiotic comment.

*Speaking of the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, I for one am sorry to see my fellow alumnus, Senator Christopher Dodd of Connecticut, retire. I haven't always agreed with Senator Dodd's politics, but he is an engaging public speaker, an affable fellow, and he's always been a good representative of the law school.

*I'm looking forward to seeing the expansion of Papa John's Cardinal Stadium next fall. Charlie Strong, the new U of L football coach, has definitely got game when it comes to recruiting. Let's hope that the influx of top talent will translate into wins on the field.

*I am cautiously optimistic that Coach Rick Pitino will, over the next couple of months, mold the Cardinals basketball team into a tournament contender. It seems to happen this way every year.

*I'm pulling for a Colts-Vikings Super Bowl. It's hard not to be a Colts fan living in these parts, and I have also admired the Minnesota Vikings since I was a wee lad. It's funny that three of the four remaining NFL teams play their home games in domes.

*The New Year's Resolutionists (my term) have swarmed into the gym in a big way. I hate to be selfish, but it just can't go on like this. There are too many people on the machines and in the locker rooms. I'm looking forward to a smaller crowd at the Y once the majority of the Resolutionists revert to their old habits.





Labels: , ,