Sunday, January 25, 2009

THANKS, MOM



For forty-seven years, I have been blessed with the most wonderful, caring and loving mother imaginable. My mother--LeEtta B. Perdue--has always been my anchor in life, and she has been there for me whenever I've needed her. Over the years, I have tried to tell her often how much she has meant to me.

Mom passed away two weeks ago, on January 11th. My grief has been more overwhelming than I could have imagined. I know that I will miss her every day for the rest of my life. I am determined to carry on and be strong, though, because that's how she raised me and it's what she would want.

In the end, I am thankful beyond words to have been blessed with such a wonderful mother, and to have had her in my life all these years. To anyone reading this who has a loving mother still living in this world, I would urge you to tell her how much you love her at every possible opportunity. Some day, you will be glad that you did.