Thursday, October 02, 2008

'VILLE GRADS TO THE RESCUE!

     Regarding the recent national financial crisis, I haven't found too much to enjoy.  In fact, the whole debacle has been downright depressing, and I have questions as to the wise course for our country to take at this point.  I must confess, though, to taking a certain measure of pride in my alma mater last night as I watched Senators Chris Dodd and Mitch McConnell on our nation's high dais announcing the bailout legislation passed by the U.S. Senate.  Dodd seems to have been the primary figure in the negotiations, and McConnell also obviously played a key role.  Both senators are graduates of the University of Louisville.  Frequent CoffeeSpoons readers know that I am quite a fan of Dodd, and I probably would have supported him for president.  While McConnell doesn't strike me as too much of a groovy dude, I am proud that he too is a 'Ville grad.

     Now if only our football team can get a win.  Skoal!  





Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its just too bad your fellow UL Law grad McConnell has so little polite things to say about lawyers.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home