Saturday, October 04, 2008

TWELVE ANGRY JURORS

Tonight is the opening of Twelve Angry Jurors in the new Ray Day Little Theater at Providence High School. The play is a reenactment of Twelve Angry Men, a play made into an award-winning classic movie in 1957 starring Henry Fonda, Jack Klugman and a host of other Hollywood legends. It is a powerful, riveting work dealing with prejudice and preconceived notions by jurors in the American legal system. I think that the movie should be required viewing for anyone planning to serve on a jury in a criminal case.
Here is a compilation of interesting clips from the movie:

I am especially eager to see Providence's production of the show because my son Collin, who is now a senior at the 'Dence, plays the role of Juror Number 8--the role played by Henry Fonda in the movie classic. I can't wait to see it.

Once again, I say it: Break a leg, C-Bear. You always make me proud.


1 Comments:

Blogger Meatbe said...

Having seen the play last night, I'm happy to report that it was every bit as good as I could have imagined. Collin and his fellow cast mates did make me proud! This is a strong cast of talented students, most of whom are seniors. They were obviously well directed by Ellen Holifield. I'll see the play again this afternoon and evening. The show goes on next weekend again as well in the new Ray Day Little Theater.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home