Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PROFILE PHOTO EXPLAINED


     At the urging of my friend the White Rabbit, I shall tell you the story of the photo that now accompanies my profile on this blog.  I admit that it is a rather unusual picture. 

     The photograph in question was taken at Jenicca's Cafe and Wine Bar in Louisville.  There is a festive annual event at Jenicca's called "Painted Alive," in which models are paired with local artists to create human exhibits.  In a rather painstaking procedure, the artists apply body paint to the models, who are then on display for the remainder of the evening.  The event typically draws a huge crowd of art enthusiasts, as well as the just plain curious.  Photos are taken of the final creations, and then the photos are put up on display at Jenicca's for some while. 

     Last year, I was paired with J.D. Dotson, a well-known artist and gallery owner in Louisville.  It is J.D.'s work that is visible in my new profile photo.  This photo was on display last year at Jenicca's web site.  I decided to use it in my profile now because I was in the mood to go with something different, and perhaps to show my artistic/creative side.  Pretty wild, eh?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home