Wednesday, March 12, 2008


    THE SKINNY ON JONES



     Greetings....And welcome to spring!  (Feels like it anyway.)  I'm sorry to have delayed in posting, but I've been working on a rather intense wrongful death suit of late, and that has been consuming most of my time and energy.  Any road, a number of people have asked me for an update regarding the call back auditions at CenterStage, so I thought I'd better report back on that now. 

     I have now been offered a role in The Full Monty.  It is not, however, one of the roles that I really wanted.  I've been asked to play the part of Tony Giordano, who is the owner of the bar where the action takes place.  It is a small part, and not nearly as appealing to me as one of the main characters would have been.  

     I must decide whether to accept this role by March 21st.  I'm somewhat torn at the moment, primarily because I  think that if I reject it I can almost certainly get a larger role in another production elsewhere within the same time frame.  On the other hand, it would be a foot in the door at CenterStage.  That appeals to me, as CenterStage seems to be a first-rate organization, and the acting company there is very impressive.  I would like to work with them. 

     I'll let you know what I decide.  


1 Comments:

Blogger white rabbit said...

Matthew - welcome back! I've done the odd bit of amateur dramatics and there's one great advantage to small parts - not as many lines to learn ;)

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home