Sunday, September 16, 2007

A HUMBLING DEFEAT


As you might imagine, I am very BUMMED about the outcome of the football game last evening. For anyone who doesn't know, Kentucky beat Louisville by a score of 40-34. I truly thought that the Cards would win, although I admittedly had concerns about the Louisville defense and the new coaching staff. I am still optimistic that the 'Ville can have a good season. But the fact that Louisville's national championship hopes have been dashed by our bitter rival is truly a bitter pill to swallow.

Once upon a time, I may have tried to diminish the accomlishment that the Cats achieved on Saturday evening, and perhaps I would have made excuses for this loss. My conscience will not allow me to do so now. As Muhammad Ali once said, "The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life."

Congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats. They showed that they are an excellent football team. I hope that they go on to have an outstanding year, thereby showing that my beloved Cardinals were beaten by a worthy opponent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home